Sunday, September 16, 2012

Logos and Stuff

Every time I say that I've come up with a logo or watermark design that I'm totally happy with I end up noticing something that bothers me and changing it all again. So, instead of doing that, I'm just going to show you what I've been working on the past few weeks. It's definitely changed a lot since I first started so I'll just show you the basic evolution track.

Here's the first design I made. I've always loved roses, my grandma grew them in her garden when I was a kid and I use them a lot in my work, so I really wanted to use them in my design. And I found this totally awesome font online that I wanted to incorporate as well (I'm kind of addicted to buying fonts online. Super random, I know). As soon as I finished I was totally in love. I wanted to put it on everything. I wanted stickers and t-shirts and banners and billboards. I seriously couldn't stop looking at it. It was the first time I actually made a "logo".
I still really like this design, the more I looked at it though, the more I realized that there was just something off. It wasn't quite me yet. So i kept playing around with ideas in my head. Finally I came up with something.
I kept the roses because that part of the last design I still really loved. And I kept the fonts the same. I knew it needed something to make it a little less.. girly. It needed something to balance it out. I have antlers and skulls all over my house so when I came up with the idea to use antlers it was sort of one of those "well, duh" moments. The antlers took forever to draw, but it was definitely worth it. If you look close there's even some little symbols and drawings hidden in them. After I put it all together I was sure that this was the prefect design for me. Unfortunately though, when I went to put it on a photo the font was way too small to read. This was probably the hardest design change I had to make. This time I was completely satisfied with my design but I had to change it for practical reasons.  I ended up sacrificing one of my fonts for the greater good and came up with this..
This one is much more legible on photos and seems to be getting a really good response from my friends and clients as well.  I think this depicts my style and the brand I'm building for myself really well. I'm still playing with this design and the previous two as well. knowing my indecisive self, I'm sure I'll make more changes. I've even been playing around with adding color, as you can see on my facebook header!

Anyways, have a happy Sunday! I'll be back soon with a little bit of info on a DIY project Alex and I did a couple weeks ago. We've been getting a lot of questions so I'm gonna share some insight on here.



No comments:

Post a Comment